Morningstar Christian Fellowship is seeking a permanent part-time Accountant to join our Administration team.
The Accountant will assist the Treasurer with all financial related activities. The successful candidate must be able to work without supervision, have attention to detail, able to meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
- A minimum of two years experience in preparation of monthly financial statements, annual budgets, all aspects of general accounting, vendor bills processing, accounting for receipts, and payroll. Experience in accounting for a non profit organization would be an asset
- Knowledge of CRA rules on HST and payroll tax reporting
- A minimum of an associate’s degree in accounting from an accredited educational institution
- High skill level in Microsoft Office; must have Intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of Simply Accounting or Sage would be asset
- Knowledge of ADP TeamPay payroll system would be an asset
- Bookkeeping - Responsible for reconciling the bank statement to the journals each month and include preparing cheques, making bank deposits, performing accounts payable and accounts receivable, calculating payroll, compiling budget data, and drafting financial reports and statements.
- Financial controls - Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring an appropriate system of financial controls.
- Budgeting - Compares the budget with results and point out any irregularities and provides summary report to the Elder Board. Assists the Treasurer in the annual budget planning.
- Financial reports - Provides timely, accurate financial statements such as the balance sheet, statement of receipts and disbursements, and cash flow statement.
- Audited statements - Liaise and coordinate with an independent professional accountant or accounting firm to examine the organization’s financial statements and the documents supporting these.
- Taxes and reporting requirements - Submit annual information forms and financial statements with the Canada Revenue Agency. Complete filing requirements related to payroll source deductions such as employment insurance, employee income tax deductions, and Canada Pension Plan or other pension plan contributions. Report and apply for GST and PST rebate on a regular basis.
- Should be able to provide the following support as needed:
- Establish internal controls
- Advise on ways to enhance operating performance
- Source and train accounting staff
- Monitor the financial results of new activities and projects
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police background check.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials.
- Expected start date: 2021-01-04
We sincerely thank all candidates for their applications; however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.